Now more than ever, effective leadership is an absolute necessity to organizational success, yet many boards of directors and executive staff fall short of their full potential.
Take a look at this partial list of effective leadership. Does your nonprofit measure up?
- The Board plays an active role in developing and regularly reviewing the strategic plan.
- Board member attendance at meetings is at least 80%.
- Board members have a clear understanding of their legal and fiduciary responsibilities, and understand their role in relationship to that of the executive director.
- The board regularly participates in resource development activities.
- Board members annually assess the performance of the executive director.
- There is a process in place for board member performance assessment.
- The organization has an executive succession/transition plan in place.
To help build upon your organizational leadership and realize your mission, NRG services include:
- Leadership assessments (Free to Grant County nonprofits)
- Board member coaching and development, including effectively engaging board members
- Strategic planning
- Board member recruitment and retention
- New board member training
- Effective team building
- Evaluating Board/Team performance
- The “Working Board” and the Executive Director: How to Manage this Key Relationship for Optimum Effectiveness
- Trainings and workshops. Check our calendar for details.
For more information, contact: (575) 597-0035 or NRG@frontierus.org