Presenters: Susan Wilger and Renee Despres
Thursday, January 12, 2017
Time: 1PM to 5PM
HMS Community Health Center, Training Rooms 1-2
COST: $25 per person
Then this workshop is for you!
Effective nonprofit organizations require strong, strategic, and committed leadership – and that means volunteer board members, working closely with the executive director, to position their organizations for success. During this workshop, both new and experienced board members will learn about the fundamental roles, responsibilities, and functions of nonprofit boards and how these roles are evolving. Plus, we’ll give you the tools, strategies, and resources you need to overcome common challenges faced by board members and nonprofit directors.
Who Should Attend: This workshop is designed for nonprofit board members, executive directors, and others involved in nonprofit governance.
What the Workshop Will Cover:
- The key roles and responsibilities of board members, including ethics and state and federal nonprofit compliance requirements.
- How to use board structure and governance to create a stronger, more effective, and sustainable organization
- The importance of fiscal oversight and the board’s responsibility in assuring the nonprofit’s fiscal health
- Key policies and procedures every nonprofit should have in place
- The board’s role in resource development and sustainability
- 10 things boards can do to build capacity
- How to foster effective board and staff relations