The Nonprofit Resource Group (NRG) is a program of The National Center for Frontier Communities (NCFC), a research and advocacy organization dedicated to improving the health and quality of life in frontier America. NCFC recognizes that community and nonprofit organizations are the fabric of democracy and a major economic force.
Nonprofits work to improve education, youth activities and services; provide health care for the uninsured; support arts and cultural programming; fight poverty and hunger; improve economic development and rebuild our historic downtowns; protect the environment and human health – the list is endless. Nonprofits and other community organizations and coalitions form an essential piece of the larger social safety net, and are on the front lines of identifying and delivering essential human services in their respective communities. To do all this, nonprofits need to be strong, resilient and innovative.
NRG staff and consultants are dedicated to helping build and sustain nonprofit and other community organizations so that they can fulfill these roles effectively and sustainably, in partnership with private business and government.
NRG Offers Your NonProfit or Community Group:
- Professional, affordable consulting services to your nonprofit organization, service club or community coalition. We specialize in rural and frontier communities and understand that resources – especially for organizational and professional staff development – may be limited. To address this, we offer a sliding-fee scale for our services, based on your organization’s operating budget. Call Lisa Jimenez at (575) 574-5473 for more information.
- Access to resources through our on-line resource database and on-site lending library. We also subscribe to Foundation Directory Online and can assist you with grant searches to help identify potential funding sources.
- Affordable training, workshops and technical assistance to nonprofit staff, management and board members
- Peer-learning opportunities
- Advocacy for the nonprofit sector and the populations it serves.
Our Approach is Based on Solid Research, Demonstrating what Makes Nonprofits Effective:
- We begin with a capacity or needs assessment to identify strengths and areas in need of improvement, then develop work plans specific to your organization.
- We engage with your organization over time, to ensure improved capacity.
- We match our team of professional consultants to your organizational culture. Our consultants have combined expertise in a variety of disciplines.
- We utilize peer-to-peer learning.
- We connect your organization with resources in the community, and help you develop your own internal resources.
- We evaluate our services, your satisfaction and community impact for quality improvement.
- We use post-assessments to measure improvements and recommend next steps.
We Offer Customized Capacity Building Solutions that Work for You:
- Nonprofit and Coalition Organizational Capacity Assessments
- Nonprofit Start-up Assistance
- Help with Legal and Liability Issues
- Resource Development, including Grant Searches, Writing and Review
- Governance: Board training, Development & Recruitment
- Executive Coaching and Interim Staffing Services
- Specialized Trainings
- Conflict Mediation and Effective Team Building
- Strategic Planning
- Financial Management
- Policy Development
- Information Technology Infrastructure and Support
- Comprehensive Marketing Strategy
- Internal Communications
- Community Engagement
- Data Management and Evaluation
FREE! CURBSIDE CONSULTING: Need help? Come to Curbside Consulting, every Wednesday and Friday, 9:00 am to noon at 301 W. College Ave. Suite 5, Silver City, NM. Walk-ins welcome or call (575) 574-5473. Teleconferencing available for distance consulting. Please call ahead.
TRAINING AND SKILL BUILDING: We offer brief and extended training opportunities on a wide variety of key nonprofit topics. We also provide collective impact/collaborative support to community organizations and coalitions. See our current workshop offerings and calendar.
ASSESSMENT and PLANNING: Our assessment tools, developed and refined over many years working with nonprofits and community coalitions, provide a comprehensive overview of capacity in the areas of Leadership, Organizational Development, Programs and Community Engagement. They also measure Adaptive, Innovative, Advocacy and Collaborative capacities, critical markers for organizational sustainability.
Contact us to see how we can help your organization meet today’s challenges and thrive!